Residents are back in their homes this afternoon, after their homes were evacuated due to an early morning gas leak.
Golder Ranch Fire officials are saying they evacuated several homes near Tangerine and First Avenue in Oro Valley earlier this morning after a 911 call about a gas line break.
According to Southwest Gas a contractor hit a gas line while doing some work on a construction site. Since then a gas crew has been able to fix the leak.
The incident happens as Southwest Gas continues to experience low odorant levels in its gas supply, which is put in to warn people about gas leaks.
Tune in to KOLD News 13 Live at 6 p.m. for more on what is being done to prevent more incidents like this from happening.
Copyright 2014 Tucson News Now All rights reserved.
7831 N. Business Park Drive