Sunday, August 31 2014 3:28 PM EDT2014-08-31 19:28:29 GMT
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online.
Disturbing pictures of an injured kindergartner from Pascagoula have made a mother's call for action go viral online. Friends and family of a Pascagoula kindergarten student have created a Facebook page and GoFundMe.com account claiming the girl was attacked on the playground this week by another student.
Recipe by Chef Duong of Snow Peas Modern Asian Kitchen
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 Tbsp cornstarch 1 Tbsp soy sauce ¼ tsp pepper 2 mangos (1 mango: cubed, 1 mango: pureé for sauce) 1 tsp finely chopped bird eyes chilies/ 3 tsp Siracha sauce for substitute 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic ¼ cup 1 inch diced red bell pepper ¼ cup 1 inch diced red green pepper ¼ cup thin slice white onion 1 cup chicken stock 1 tsp fish sauce 1 ½ tsp lime juice (or 1 tbsp ketchup) 2 tsp granulated sugar
1. Slice chicken breasts into 1-inch wide, 3 inches long and ¼ inch thick. In bowl, stir together chicken, cornstarch, soy sauce, fish sauce and pepper; let stand for 30-45 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, peel and cut 1 mango into ½-inch chunks. Set aside. Peel and cut 1 mango then pureé then set aside.
3. In wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic until the aroma comes out, about 30-45 seconds. Add white onion, cook till the translucent. Add chicken mixture, hot pepper, bird eyes chili (or Siracha sauce) and garlic; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in mango and red, green bell pepper until combined.
4. Add chicken stock, fish sauce, lime juice, pureé mango and sugar; bring to boil and boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with mint and cilantro. Serve with white rice.