Recipe by Chef Duong of Snow Peas Modern Asian Kitchen
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 Tbsp cornstarch 1 Tbsp soy sauce ¼ tsp pepper 2 mangos (1 mango: cubed, 1 mango: pureé for sauce) 1 tsp finely chopped bird eyes chilies/ 3 tsp Siracha sauce for substitute 1/2 Tbsp minced garlic ¼ cup 1 inch diced red bell pepper ¼ cup 1 inch diced red green pepper ¼ cup thin slice white onion 1 cup chicken stock 1 tsp fish sauce 1 ½ tsp lime juice (or 1 tbsp ketchup) 2 tsp granulated sugar
1. Slice chicken breasts into 1-inch wide, 3 inches long and ¼ inch thick. In bowl, stir together chicken, cornstarch, soy sauce, fish sauce and pepper; let stand for 30-45 minutes in refrigerator.
2. Meanwhile, peel and cut 1 mango into ½-inch chunks. Set aside. Peel and cut 1 mango then pureé then set aside.
3. In wok, heat oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry garlic until the aroma comes out, about 30-45 seconds. Add white onion, cook till the translucent. Add chicken mixture, hot pepper, bird eyes chili (or Siracha sauce) and garlic; stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Stir in mango and red, green bell pepper until combined.
4. Add chicken stock, fish sauce, lime juice, pureé mango and sugar; bring to boil and boil, stirring, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
5. Garnish with mint and cilantro. Serve with white rice.
Tuesday, June 10 2014 4:08 PM EDT2014-06-10 20:08:20 GMT
Gazpacho Chef Armando Duarte, Royal Cafe & Catering 1 1/2 pounds vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped Tomato juice 1 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper 1/2
Monday, June 2 2014 3:42 PM EDT2014-06-02 19:42:25 GMT
Organic Quinoa Salad Chef Pendleton Jones/ Goodness Juice Bar & Fresh Food spring mix organic white quinoa pickled red onion sun dried tomatoes red bell pepper roasted gmo free corn cilantro fresh lemon