OUTDOOR RECREATION: It's in our nature
If you love outdoor recreation with a beautiful backdrop, you'd be hard-pressed to find better amenities and views in all of Southern Arizona. That's because the Town of Oro Valley, just north of Tucson, is nestled against the majestic Santa Catalina Mountains, and we have top-notch recreational amenities to suit any taste.
Golfers have access to 45 holes of championship golf designed by Greg Nash and managed by Troon Golf, managers of luxury golf courses around the globe. Formerly part of the El Conquistador Country Club, these beautiful courses are now owned by the Town of Oro Valley. Choose from the 18-hole Cañada or Conquistador courses or the nine-hole Pusch Ridge course. El Conquistador Golf & Tennis, 10555 N. La Cañada.
Cyclists will have a smooth ride on 60 miles of signed bike routes, 36 miles of paved shoulders and 15 miles of shared-use paths on the best roads in Pima County. There’s a reason El Tour de Tucson winds its way through Oro Valley. Come see for yourself!
Hikers and mountain bikers can explore 54.5 miles of dynamic trails, as well as Catalina State Park, which includes campgrounds and an equestrian center.
Swimmers will love the Aquatic Center, which features two swimming pools, diving boards, a water slide and splash pad. The newly-acquired Community & Recreation Center (formerly El Conquistador Country Club) includes two additional pools, a restaurant, fitness facility, community meeting rooms and recreational programming. Oro Valley Aquatic Center, 23 W. Calle Concordia. Oro Valley Community & Recreation Center, 10555 N. La Cañada.
Tennis players can enjoy 31 lighted tennis courts. The facility at the Oracle location (10000 N. Oracle Road, 520-544-1780) was named 2012 Outstanding Tennis Facility of the Year by the United States Tennis Association. Reservations are required. The other tennis facility at the Community & Recreation Center (10555 N. La Cañada, 520-544-1900) allows drop-in use.
Archers can practice their craft at the Naranja Park Archery Range, with a fixed-target range and two walking courses.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY EVENTS: It's in our nature
• Farmers Market at Steam Pump Ranch every Saturday, 8 a.m.-noon (summer hours), plus FREE live music and kids’ activities on Second Saturdays at 10 a.m.
• $5 Family Friday Nights at the Oro Valley Aquatic Center, 6-8 p.m. Every Friday night through Sept. 4.
• FREE Second Thursday concert series at the Oro Valley Marketplace at 6 p.m. in partnership with the Southern Arizona Arts and Cultural Alliance
• The Doggie Dash & Dawdle, Oct. 31
• FREE Harvest Heritage Festival at Steam Pump Ranch, Nov. 7
• FREE Holiday Tree Lighting Celebration at the Oro Valley Marketplace, Dec. 5
• FREE Oro Valley Holiday Parade on Tangerine Road, Dec. 12
7831 N. Business Park Drive
Tucson, AZ 85743