TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - As the 2015 University of Arizona football season kicks off, Tucson News Now has important information for those headed to campus.
Everyone attending the first home football game at 7 p.m. on Thursday, September 3 should pack their patience before heading out. The Wildcats are set to take on University of Texas, San Antonio.
The main roads near the university should clog up for most of the day Thursday. These include Speedway Boulevard, Campbell Avenue, Euclid Avenue and especially 6th Street. (The Arizona Stadium is located near 6th Street, at 1 N. Championship Drive)
Midtown drivers who are not headed to the game should plan to stay away from these areas altogether and therefore avoid snags in their commute.
For those attending todays game, get there early, as all spots in surface lots and garages are first come, first serve.
Here are some other important things of note:
- All surface lots are CASH ONLY.
- Parking garages can be paid for with cash or credit cards.
- Tailgating is not allowed in ANY campus parking garage.
- Parking is $10 in both the 6th Street and 2nd Street UA garages, along with the Arid Lands Marshall Lot (Campbell/6th Street)
- Parking is $5 in the Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue and Highland Avenue Garages.
- Parking is also $5 in surface lots 1018, 2012, 2021, 2029, 2030, 2146, 2147, 2182, 3039, 7102, 7103, 7156, 7227 and 7228.
- Free parking is available for carpools of four or more people in the Tyndall Avenue, Main Gate, Park Avenue and Highland Avenue Garages.
In addition, Arizona Athletics will offer a complimentary Cat Tran shuttle from the Park Avenue Garage (Speedway/Park Avenue) to Arizona Stadium on game day. Shuttle riders will need to present proof of their game day parking passes when they board the bus before and after the game.
Arizona Athletics and Bon Voyage Travel have also teamed up to offer the Cat Cruiser transportation program for Wildcat fans in Phoenix. The service is $20 round trip.
For more information on travel, shuttle, tailgating and parking options, visit http://bit.ly/VMdTUf.