TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Drivers should plan for delays in Tucson this week and next week, as City of Tucson crews continue fog seal road improvement work in multiple areas.
The northeast side will see overnight delays on Tanque Verde Road near Catalina Highway on Wednesday, October 13 and Thursday, October 14. The work hours for this project will span from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.
Crews will then move to the southwest side on Monday, October 19. Overnight work will continue here through Thursday, October 22.
The following areas will be impacted by this roadwork:
- Mission Road/Grande Avenue – Starr Pass Boulevard to Cushing Street
- Starr Pass Boulevard – Santa Cruz Lane to Camino Santiago
- Congress Street – Grande Avenue to Interstate 10
- Alameda Street – Stone Avenue to Church Avenue
- Anklam Road/St. Mary's Road – Greasewood Road to Silverbell Road
Look for delays in all of these areas while construction continues. Plan for extra travel time.
Fog sealing, which is the main task crews will perform in these spots, involves applying a thin layer of asphalt over an existing road. It seals any imperfections or cracks and makes the street last longer.
This project is part of Road Recovery, the $100 million, five year street bond program. It's funded by voter-approved bonds. For more information on Road Recovery visit www.tucsonaz.gov/streetbonds.