TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - QRUNCH-ing the Squash
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash, halved then roasted
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 jar of San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 QRUNCH Burgers, either Green Chile or Spicy Italian, toasted to perfection
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Halve the spaghetti squash.
3. De-seed the squash and discard seeds.
4. Sprinkle olive oil and water over the squash for a steam effect while cooking.
5. Roast squash face down in roasting pan for 30-40 minutes at 375°F, until soft.
While Squash Is Roasting:
6. Sauté diced onions until tender.
7. Add San Marzano tomatoes to sauté pan until warm.
Once Squash Is Finished Roasting:
8. Cool squash on a baking sheet.
9. Using a fork, separate the squash from its core.
10. Prepare QRUNCH burgers by either toasting, grilling or broiling.
11. Set QRUNCH burger on oven safe plate and top with squash and tomato/onion mixture.
12. Add 1/2 of QRUNCH to tomato mixture.
13. Broil for 2 minutes until melted.