ORO VALLEY, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Arizona Department of Transportation has released the latest schedule for the Oracle Road widening project, taking place between Tangerine Road and the Pinal County Line.
Activities will play out as follows:
- State Route 77 (Oracle Rd) will narrow to one lane nightly between Tangerine Road and Thistle Street through Thursday, November 5 from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. for median work.
- All medians between Tangerine Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard will be closed.
- North and southbound SR 77 between Wilds Road and Eagle Crest Ranch Boulevard have been shifted to the newly paved lanes to allow crews to work on the median.
- Left turns will be allowed into Scenic Overlook Place, Catalina Transfer Station and Santa Catalina Catholic Church. Drivers can make U-turns at Wilds Road and Vistoso Commerce Loop Drive.
- ADOT crews have lifted left turn restrictions from side streets to Oracle Road.
Speed limits are reduced to 40 miles per hour on Oracle Road from Tangerine Road to Rancho Vistoso Boulevard. Drivers must slow to 35 miles per hour from Rancho Vistoso Boulevard to Eagle Crest Boulevard.
The north and southbound shoulders along Oracle Road will stay closed for the rest of the project, which is set to wrap up in December of this year, according to a press release.