TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Prosciutto and Asparagus - The Melting Pot
- 4 oz (vol) White Wine Base
- 3 oz (vol) Asparagus, fresh, 3/4" pieces cut on a bias
- 2 demi spoons (0.5 oz w) Prosciutto, 1/4" x 1" pieces
- 2 demi spoons Asparagus, finely-minced
- 5 oz (w) Gruyére/Raclette/Fontina Blend
- 3 turns Black Pepper, freshly-ground
- Dash Nutmeg
1. Add white wine base to the liner of a steaming pot, then pass out the cheese dippers and introduce each, allowing the white wine base to raise in temperature (approximately one minute).
2. Add the asparagus spears, allowing them to sit in the white wine base for approximately one minute or until small bubbles come to the surface.
3. Add the prosciutto and minced asparagus and stir with the fork.
4. Add 1/3 of the cheese to the base and mix thoroughly using the fork.
5. Add the next 1/3 of the cheese and mix thoroughly using the fork.
6. Add the remaining 1/3 of cheese and mix thoroughly until all the cheese is melted and incorporated, using a whipping motion to fluff up the cheese.
7. Add freshly-ground pepper and a dash of nutmeg and mix thoroughly using fork.
8. Remove the cheese fork from the liner, without scraping against the liner, and place fork in cheese bowl.