Tucson News Now - Whip up this dip for your Super Bowl festivities or any fun gathering. Here are the steps to make a great artichoke spinach dip from Gourmet Girls Gluten Free Bakery/Bistro.
Artichoke Spinach Dip ingredients:
- 4 cups loosely packed fresh baby spinach (or 1/2 of a 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed, drained)
- 170 ml jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped (can also use regular canned artichokes, about 2/3 cup chopped)
- 4 oz. cream cheese, room temperature (1/2 a typical brick)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. Sriracha sauce (or any "hot sauce" you like)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded + more for topping
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup mozzarella, shredded
- Freshly ground pepper
- Make Dip: place fresh spinach in a bowl with 1 Tbsp. of water. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave, leave covered and let stand 15 minutes to cool. Drain spinach well and add to a medium bowl.
- Add the remaining dip ingredients and mix until well combined. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- Generously butter an 8-inch cast-iron skillet.
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. with rack in center of oven. Spoon prepared dip into skillet. Sprinkle top of dip with additional mozzarella/Parmesan. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Raise oven rack to the top third and switch oven to broil. Sprinkle with additional mozzarella cheese and return skillet to oven under the broiler, until the cheese and dip is browned.
- Let skillet stand at least 5-10 minutes, or until just warm (not hot).
- Add a bit of freshly ground pepper on top, if you like.
- Do watch the hot skillet handle and wrap in a towel if it is still too hot to hold.
- Serve with a dip "knife" and let everyone serve themselves.