TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Chef Cassandra Rahn from The Rice Bowl is going to show us a fantastic Asian chicken salad recipe.
The Rice Bowl is located on North Pantano Road off East Broadway.
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 3 cups shredded napa cabbage, from 1 small cabbage
- 3 cups spinach
- 1 small red bell pepper, seeded and deveined, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 cups thinly sliced store-bought rotisserie chicken (about 2 small chicken breasts)
- 1 tablespoon toasted white or black sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, optional
1/2cup ramen noodles for garnish
- For the salad: Using a vegetable peeler, shave the carrot and add to a large salad bowl. Stir in the cabbage, lettuce, pepper, mint, chicken, and sesame seeds.
- For the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, and sugar until smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste, if using.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well. Garnish with the ramen noodles and serve.
SERVINGS: 4 (MAIN); Calories: 374; Total Fat 25 grams; Saturated Fat: 3.5 grams; Protein: 21 grams; Total carbohydrates: 19 grams; Sugar: 9 grams Fiber: 8 grams; Cholesterol: 36 milligrams; Sodium: 349 milligrams