TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - We want to welcome Chef Anthony Rocco DiGrazia from Rocco's Little Chicago Pizzeri.
He is here to show us how to make Caprese sandwiches.
- One loaf of French bread
- 12 ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, cut in slices approximately 1/4" thick
- 6 ripe tomatoes, cut in slices
- 1 red onion, cut in rings
- 1/2 cup of vinaigrette dressing
- 12 or more leaves of fresh basil
- Balsamic glaze
Cut bread in half lengthwise, leaving one side attached.
Fold bread flat.
Drizzle bread on both sides evenly with the vinaigrette dressing.
Overlap slices of tomatoes and mozzarella cheese on the whole length of bread.
Lay onion rings on top, followed by the basil leaves, torn into smaller pieces.
Drizzle toppings lightly with balsamic glaze.
Fold sandwich over and cut into serving sized pieces.