TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The city of Tucson, Sun Tran, and the Regional Transportation Authority are seeking the public's input on proposed changes to Sun Express routes. They are holding open houses to provide information on the following proposed changes:
- Route realignments to Express Routes 102X, 105X, 107X, 109X, 202X and 203X
- Discontinuing Express Routes 103X and 312X
These changes are proposed based on a Comprehensive Operational Analysis, Pima Association of Governments Travel Reduction Program Employee Survey, and responses from the RTA Non-Rider Survey; officials hope these changes will improve the effectiveness of Sun Express.
Public open houses are scheduled on the following dates and times (For requests for reasonable meeting accommodations call (520) 206-8881 at least five days before meeting):
- Tuesday, Sept. 27, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Duesenberry River Library, 5605 E. River Rd.
- Wednesday, Sept. 28, 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Oro Valley Library, 1305 W. Naranja
- Thursday, Sept. 29, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Raytheon Main Bus Stop (employees only); and 5:30 to 6:30 p.m. at Nanini Library, 7300 N. Shannon Rd.
- Friday, Sept. 30, 12 p.m. to 1 p.m. at Joel D. Valdez Main Library, 101 N. Stone Rd.
At each of the open house events representatives from Sun Tran and the RTA will be on hand to answer questions and concerns from the public regarding the proposed changes. Public comments will be accepted through Oct. 2.
For more information on the proposed changes click here.
Those unable to attend any of the open houses, but would like to comment can call Customer Service at (520) 792-9222 or via email email@example.com.
For requests for reasonable meeting accommodations call (520) 206-8881 at least five days prior to meeting.