Man dies from electrocution in Nogales - Tucson News Now

Man dies from electrocution in Nogales

(Source: Raycom Media) (Source: Raycom Media)
NOGALES, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

A 54-year-old man was electrocuted to death Friday evening in a Nogales mobile home park in what police are saying was an accident.

Douglas Krohne was attempting to prop up a tall metal pole, possibly as a television antenna, in the Bird Hill Mobile Home Park around 5:40 p.m. Friday, when the pole touched a power line and caused a high-powered electric discharge, striking Krohne and killing him, according to a Nogales Police Department media release.

People in the area reported a loud explosion and power outage.

The immediate residential area and businesses along Grand Avenue, Mariposa Road, Congress Drive and I-19 were without electricity for about two hours, according to the release.

Copyright 2016 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

  • Local newsMore>>

  • Computer problems with death certificate database holding up burials

    Computer problems with death certificate database holding up burials

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 1:07 AM EDT2017-10-18 05:07:56 GMT
    (Source: Tucson News Now)(Source: Tucson News Now)

    The problem is becoming increasingly troubling for some of the smaller funeral homes in Tucson that are running out of refrigeration space. Bring’s Funeral home is currently at capacity, and they worry this has the potential to become a public health crisis. 

    The problem is becoming increasingly troubling for some of the smaller funeral homes in Tucson that are running out of refrigeration space. Bring’s Funeral home is currently at capacity, and they worry this has the potential to become a public health crisis. 

  • Laundry room fire temporarily displaces family of four

    Laundry room fire temporarily displaces family of four

    Wednesday, October 18 2017 12:41 AM EDT2017-10-18 04:41:17 GMT
    Damage from laundry room fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)Damage from laundry room fire. (Source: Tucson Fire Department)

    Crews from the Tucson Fire Department responded to a 911 call about a house fire in the 8900 block of East Bears Path Road on the far east side.   

    Crews from the Tucson Fire Department responded to a 911 call about a house fire in the 8900 block of East Bears Path Road on the far east side.   

  • TUSD approves teacher raise

    TUSD approves teacher raise

    Tuesday, October 17 2017 10:37 PM EDT2017-10-18 02:37:46 GMT
    (Source: Tucson News Now)(Source: Tucson News Now)

    The vote was 5 to 0 in favor of the raise.  

    The vote was 5 to 0 in favor of the raise.  

Powered by Frankly