TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Fox 11 Daybreak is helping you stay on top of your New Year's resolutions of staying fit and healthy. Executive Chef, Bruce Yim, with Hacienda Del Sol stops by with a good for you recipe.
- 2 cups Quinoa
- 1/4 cup salted roasted Blanched Almond Slivers
- 1 cup diced roasted Butternut squash
- 1/4 cup salted roasted Pepita Seeds
- 4 oz Arugula
- 3 oz Goat Cheese
- 2 ea Granny Smith, fine julienne cut right before serving salad to prevent oxidation
- Cook Quinoa in boiling salted water.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss Blanched Almond and pepita seeds in a bowl with 2 T of olive oil and salt to taste.
- Roast the nuts for 7-10 minutes, until slightly brown.
- Peel, seed and dice the Butternut squash into 3/8 in.
- Toss with olive oil and salt.
- Place in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the squash is firm but cooked.
- Set aside to cool
- In a bowl, mix quinoa, nuts, squash and arugula with the vinaigrette.
- Oiled salted Almond, diced roasted Butternut Squash, Apples, salted oiled roasted Pepita Seeds, Arugula, Goat Cheese, mixed with Red Wine Vinaigrette
Apples-very important- has to be julienned with a Japanese mandolin to order. The freshness and flavor of fresh apples add a lot to this dish.
Red Wine Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup Red wine Vinegar
- 1 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 t salt
- 1 T Dijon Mustard
Add vinegar, salt, mustard and garlic in a blender and blend. Add oil and blend.
Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.