TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - If you're looking for a place to take your sweetie to dinner this Valentine's Day, Texas Roadhouse has a few romantic ideas.
They joined us on Fox 11 to make one of their signature shrimp dishes.
- Butter (melted)
- Lemon Wedge
- Seasoning (Old Bay, Salt, Pepper, Garlic, Onion Powder)
1. Lemon Pepper Butter (fresh lemon juice, black pepper and whipped butter
2. Garlic Butter (chopped garlic, onion powder and whipped butter
Step 1 – Prepare Shrimp (If using frozen shrimp, thaw them first.)
- Using desired size shrimp, place them on a flat surface with tails facing the same direction
- Run skewer through each shrimp ensuring they are as flat as possible and slightly separated (This will ensure even cooking)
- Once all shrimp are skewered, season the shrimp evenly using a shaker (This will ensure even seasoning and flavor)
Step 2 – Cook Shrimp
- Place 1/2 of melted butter per skewer on griddle or non-stick pan
- Place skewered shrimp on griddle (repeat for each skewer)
- Cook for approximately 2 minutes
- Using tongs turn all skewers over
- Once turned ladle 1/2 ounce compound butter over each skewer
- Cook for approximately another 2 minutes or until shrimp are done (shrimp should be firm and slightly white in color; not translucent)
Step 3 – Serve Shrimp
- Place skewered cooked shrimp on a serving platter or individual plate(s).
- Serve with a lemon wedge and ramekin of melted compound butter (for dipping)
Visit any of Tucson's three Texas Roadhouse locations to try their Valentine's Day dinner options. For more information and locations visit http://bit.ly/2jj0oIr.
Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.