MARANA, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Thanks to a grant from Trico Electric Cooperative, nine local charities are benefiting children and adults with food and basic needs, as well as education and literacy in Trico service areas.
The following charities received grants:
- Marana Unified School District Student Services - Power Pack Program – provides backpacks filled with food for weekends - $5,000
- Community Food Bank in Amado - Food boxes and other food items for those in need - $5,000
- Community Home Repair Projects of AZ - Emergency repairs and safety adaptations - $5,000
- United Community Health Center - Reach Out and Read program to promote early literacy - $4,500
- Sahuarita Food Bank - BackPack Program – provides backpacks filled with food for weekends - $5,000
- Arivaca Helping Hearts - Basic necessities for those in need - $5,000
- Marana Unified School District Family Resource - Provide food & clothing to students in need - $5,000
- Make Way for Books - Early literacy program - $4,500
- Arizona Youth Partnership - Provide job/career and academic development - $1,000
Since 2008, the Providing Opportunities with Effective Resources (POWER) Grant program awards grants up to $10,000 to individual agencies. Trico employees select the funding focus each year and a volunteer committee of employees makes the final selections.
Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.