ONTARIO, CA - Tucson Roadrunners goaltender Marek Langhamer set a new team record with 50 saves in a game en route to a 5-4 win over the Ontario Reign on Saturday night.
The previous record was 44 saves, held by Adin Hill also set against the Reign in a 5-4 win back on November 5. Langhamer faced a total of 54 shots including a game-high 22 in the final frame, turning aside 20 of them.
Five different Roadrunners scored in the game with Jeremy Morin and Grayson Downing netting their first goals for Tucson.
The same two teams will face off against on Sunday afternoon at 3 p.m. PT.
- Grayson Downing and Jeremy Morin scored their first goals in a Roadrunners uniform.
- Langhamer’s 50 saves is a new Roadrunners team record for a single game.
- Christian Fischer has points in three straight games.
- Sunday’s game is the last game between Ontario and Tucson in the 12-game season series. Tucson leads the series 7-3-1.
- The Roadrunners finished the game 2-for-4 on the power play while holding the Reign to just one power play goal in four chances.