This week's "What's For Lunch" Segment featured Pita Jungle's Shrimp Pita Tostada.
- 8 servings
- 1 cups drained well-cooked or canned chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for drizzling
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Hummus preparation:
1. Add all ingredients to a blender.
2. Emulsify together for 1-2 minutes. An additional 1/4 cup of water can be added if needed (hummus should have consistency of a spread)
3. Place in bowl and set aside under refrigeration.
Shrimp mix Ingredients:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil 2 fl. oz.
- Jumbo shrimp 14 ea.
- Minced garlic 1 tbsp.
- Salt 1/2 tsp. (to taste)
- Black pepper 1/4 tsp. (to taste)
- Lemon juice fresh 3 wedges
- Avocado cubes 1 ea.
- Cherry tomatoes halved 15 ea.
- Cucumber Diced 1 ea.
- Cilantro 1/4 bunch
- Red onions diced 1/2 ea.
- Thin sliced red cabbage 1/4 ea.
- Drizzle olive oil and 1 squeeze lemon
- Shrimp preparation:
1. Clean shrimp, in a sauté pan add extra virgin olive oil, allow to heat and add shrimp.
2. Once shrimp cook for 30 seconds add garlic, salt and pepper.
3. Allow to cook additional 1 minute. Then squeeze fresh lemon wedges. Allow to cool for a bit then chop shrimp and hold.
1. In a mixing bowl add avocado cubes, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, cilantro, red onions, cabbage and season with salt and pepper.
2. Squeeze 1 full lemon and a drizzle a little olive oil.
3. Add chopped shrimp, and mix well.
Chipotle Yogurt Sauce Ingredients:
- Greek plain yogurt 1 cup
- Chipotle pepper canned 1 whole piece
- 1/4 tsp. Salt (to taste)
- Lime juice, squeeze 1 wedge
- Honey 1/2 tbsp.
- Chipotle Yogurt Sauce procedures:
Add all ingredients to blender, and emulsify together for 1-2 minutes. Place in squeeze bottle.
Toast 4 pitas in oven until lightly brown and crispy.
On each plate place a tostada then add hummus on top. Add shrimp mix on hummus and drizzle the chipotle yogurt sauce on top. Enjoy!