TUCSON, AZ - After a morning of Pac-12 action, No. 3 seed of Arizona concludes team play as they drop to UW, (1-4). The Wildcats garnered a (17-10) overall team record this season. UA's No.1 and 2 duo then went on to compete in the pair play later in the day.
Halli Amaro and Natalie Anselmo of the No. 5 duo picked up the only win of the day for Arizona, dominating against Anna Crabtree and Lindsay Chalmers in consecutive sets, (21-10, 21-14).
UW's pair of Crissy Jones and Tia Scambray of the No. 1 tandem would then go on to gain a victory for the Huskies as they defeated Madison and McKenna Witt, (19-21, 15-21).
With USC being deemed, Pac-12 Beach Volleyball Champion, pair competition began later in the day.
To open up pair play, No. 5 seeded, Madison and McKenna Witt took on UW's No. 12 seed of Cassie Strickland and Courtney Schwan in round one and pulled away with a victory in straight sets, (21-12, 21-14).
Olivia Hallaran and Olivia Macdonald, the No. 10 seeded pair hit the sand against Kathryn Plummer and Jenna Gray who hold the No. 7 seed position for Stanford and dropped to the Cardinal, leading to their elimination in the Pairs Championship, (16-21, 14-21).
For the final day of the Pac-12 Championships, Madison and McKenna Witt will go on to the second round of pair competition. Witts will take on UW's No. 4 seed of Tia Scambray and Crissy Jones at 9 a.m. MST.
- Crissy Jones/Tia Scambray (WASH) def. McKenna Witt/Madison Witt (ARIZ) 21-19, 21-15
- Courtney Shwan/Destiny Julye (WASH) def. Olivia Macdonald/Olivia Hallaran (ARIZ) 21-17, 25-23
- Cassie Strickland/Carly Dehoog (WASH) def. Hailey Devlin/Sam Manley (ARIZ) 21-19, 21-18
- Melanie Wade/Shayne McPherson (WASH) def. Brooke Burling/Mia Mason (ARIZ) 21-16, 21-19
- Natalie Anselmo/Halli Amaro (ARIZ) def. Anna Crabtree/Lindsay Chalmers (WASH) 21-10, 21-14