PCSD releases 911 calls, records on shooting at Firebirds Wood F - Tucson News Now

PCSD releases 911 calls, records on shooting at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill

(Source: Tucson News Now) (Source: Tucson News Now)
TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) -

The Pima County Sheriff's Department released a set of 911 calls and a nearly 300-page report on the deadly shooting at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, in which a former Tucson Fire captain shot and killed a man and injured his ex-wife.

PCSD said former Tucson Fire Captain Fred Bair shot and killed Eliot Cobb, before shooting his ex-wife in the leg and turning the gun on himself.

[READ MORE HERE: Two dead, one injured in shooting at La Encantada Mall]

The new reports offer an explanation into why Bair may have opened fire.

According to the reports, Bair's ex-wife told deputies that she and Cobb first bumped into Bair at a restaurant near Firebirds earlier that night.

They got into an argument, so she and Cobb decided to go to Firebirds instead.

A short time later, Bair walked in. 

Reports say back in February, Bair allegedly told his ex-wife that if he ever saw her with another man, he would kill him.

Inside Firebirds, she said he asked her if she remembered him saying that.

That's when Bair grabbed Cobb and shot him in the head, before dragging her into the bathroom.

According to reports, a deputy spoke to a woman who was working at the bar the night of the incident and claims she was just a few feet away from Bair when he shot Cobb. 

"She described the gun being held to the left temple of the other man's head and she stated just about the time she turned and saw the situation, that was when she saw the guy actually pull the trigger," said a deputy in a written statement. 

The reports also said at one point, Bair "was barricaded in one of the bathrooms down the hallway."

"There was quite a lot of blood on the floor in the main handicapped one," wrote a deputy in his written report. "We saw the handgun lying on the floor in one of the stalls and the suspect in the handicapped bathroom stall lying in a pool of blood."

Detective interviewed one woman who claims she was in the stall right next to the one Bair and his ex-wife were in during the shooting.

"It was like a couple and they were like arguing and all of a sudden this guy, she's like "Please leave me alone. He shot three times but I don't know what he shot. I didn't hear anything. Then, after that he was like "I'm going to kill myself" and there was another shot so, I thought he killed himself so that's when I ran out."

The restaurant re-opened Wednesday, April 19.

The Tucson Fire chief recently released a statement about this incident saying the department will continue to find ways to get involved and help employees during their time of need. 

MOBILE USERS: Download our app on your Apple and Android devices.

Copyright 2017 Tucson News Now. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly