New Mexico Hatch Green Chile Chicken Posole
- 1 2lbs pkg. BUENO® Posole
- 4 14oz cans chicken broth
- 4 quarts water
- 4 cups cooked shredded chicken meat
- 1 13oz BUENO® Hatch Autumn Roast® Green Chile
- 1 large onion
- ¼ cup butter unsalted
- pinch BUENO® Oregano
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. BUENO® Ground Cumin
- pinch bay ground
- fresh parsley
- Using a Dutch oven or heavy pot, add 2 quarts water, salt, chicken broth and posole.
- Heat on medium-high and cook posole for 45-60 minutes minutes until tender.
- In separate saucepan, melt butter and sauté onions with flour for 5-10 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer sautéed onions and browned flour to posole and stir.
- Add remaining water, green chile, chicken, cumin and bay and oregano.
- Simmer entire mixture until slightly thickened, for at least 30-35 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley and enjoy.