MARANA, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Pima County and Marana Water are hosting their Holiday grease collection events.
Pouring grease down the drain can cause a variety of problems to the pipes beneath your home and in the sanitary sewage system. Over time, grease buildup can obstruct pipes, reduce sewage flow and act as a magnet for other debris.
Pima County's 13th annual event is scheduled for 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 6.
The county will collect the grease at the following locations:
- East side: O'Rielly Chevrolet, 6160 E. Broadway
- Midtown: City Council Ward 3 Office, 1510 E. Grant
- Northwest side: Pima Community College Northwest Campus, 7600 N. Shannon
- South side: Kino Sports Complex, 2500 E. Ajo Way
- Sahuarita: Sahuarita Town Hall, 375 W. Sahuarita Center Way
Since the program began in 2005, the county has collected over 30,000 pounds of grease.
Marana Water's event is scheduled to last until Tuesday, Jan. 2.
The drop-off location is the Marana Operations Yard,12775 N. Sanders.
In both cases, the grease will be recycled into biodiesel.