TUCSON, AZ - Here are some postgame nuggets from the 73-58 win Thursday night by the 18th ranked Arizona Wildcats over the Connecticut Huskies:
- Arizona closed out the non-conference schedule of the 2017-18 season by advancing its program record non-conference home winning streak to 47 consecutive games.
- The Arizona defense held UConn to 58 points, marking the second consecutive game of allowing fewer than 60 points.
- Thursday night’s near capacity crowd of 14,392 put the program’s average home nonconference attendance at 14,164, accounting for 96.7 percent of total capacity.
- Dusan Ristic scored ten points and grabbed six rebounds in 18 minutes in the first half.
- The senior entered the game averaging 9 points and 6 rebounds while playing 21 minutes.
- The 7-footer finished the game with 18 points and 10 rebounds, good for the fourth double-double of his career.
- Rawle Alkins recorded the third game of 20 or more points of his career with 20 points against UConn.
- Two of his 20-point games of his career have come in his last three games.
- Deandre Ayton surpassed his season/career high of three assists with five versus UConn.
- Four of his five assists were converted into three-pointers with the other coming on an Allonzo Trier dunk.
The Wildcats will host currently #3 ranked Arizona State (12-0) in their Pac-12 opener on Saturday, December 30.
Copyright 2017 Arizona Athletics. All rights reserved.