TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Interested in exploring what Arizona has to offer outdoors during this warm winter weather. Here are a few programs at Organ Pipe Cactus National Monument at 10 Organ Pipe Drive Ajo, AZ 85321 that might interest you.
Ranger-Led programs offer visitors the chance to explore and experience the natural and cultural history unique to southern Arizona. These programs are available from Jan. 1 to March 31, 2018.
The public may sign up one week in advance for the following programs (guided tours, guided hikes, location talk shuttles, and hiker shuttles):
- Ajo Mountain Drive Tours: Sunday, Wednesday, Saturday
- Location Talk – Quitoboquito: Monday and Thursday
- Location Talk – Blankenship Well: Tuesday and Friday
- Patio Talks at the Kris Eggle Visitor Center: Daily at 11:00, 2:00, and 3:30
- Evening Campground Amphitheater Programs: Tuesday – Saturday
- Moonlight Hikes
- Star Parties with Telescopes
For more information about the ranger-led program schedules, reservations for guided tours and hikes, and van shuttle reservations, please call the Kris Eggle Visitor Center at (520) 387-6849.