TUCSON, AZ (Tucson News Now) - PASTA CARRABBA
Makes 4 servings
- 2 boneless and skinless chicken breasts halves, about 8 ounces each, pounded with a flat meat pounder to ½-inch thickness
- 1 ½ teaspoons of your favorite grill seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 10 ounces white mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups alfredo sauce
- ½ cup of peas
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-pound fresh fettuccine
- ½ cups (2 ounces) freshly grated Romano cheese, plus more for serving
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Prepare grill or cooking pan for medium heat. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Add salt to taste.
- Season the chicken breast halves with grill seasoning, and brush olive oil on both sides.
- Lightly oil your cooking surface. Place chicken, cook until the chicken feels firm when pressed on top, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a carving board and let stand while making the sauce and cooking the pasta.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the alfredo sauce and peas and bring to a simmer. Cut the chicken across the grain into ½ -inch thick slices and add to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat.
- Add the fettuccine to the boiling water. Stir well to separate strands. Cook, stirring occasionally, according to the package directions, until al dente. Drain well.
- Return the fettuccine to the cooking pot. Add the sauce and Romano cheese and toss with tongs until the pasta is nicely coated. Divide the pasta among 4 serving bowls.