SAN TAN VALLEY, AZ (Tucson News Now) - The J.O. Combs Unified School District continues to partner with Banner Ironwood in a Student of the Month program, which recognizes one student every month from each of our schools.
There is a selection process in place where students are recognized for the various pillars of the Character Counts Program, which include Responsibility, Trustworthiness, Citizenship, Caring, Respect and Fairness. This presentation takes place each month at our Regular Governing Board Meeting.
For the month of April, Ms. Dee Whittington, Pero-operative Director at Banner Ironwood Medical Center, presented each student with a Certificate of Special Recognition. The following students were recognized for demonstrating the character trait of Trustworthiness:
- Yesenia Torres, Combs High School, Grade 12
- Kayleigh Beasley, Combs Middle School, Grade 7 (not pictured)
- Fabian Moreno, Combs Traditional Academy, Grade 5
- Chase Davis, Ellsworth Elementary, Kindergarten
- Emma Abreu, Harmon Elementary, Grade 6
- Leilani Whitehead, Harmon Elementary, Kindergarten (March recognition)
- Johnathan Handka, Ranch Elementary, Preschool
- Emily Paquette, Simonton Elementary, Grade 5