DOUGLAS, AZ (Tucson News Now) - Douglas Fire Department and emergency crews from Southwest Gas responded to a report of a natural gas leak at the Douglas Villa Apartments on 15th Street Wednesday morning, April 18.
DFD crews arrived to find a 2-inch natural gas line that had been damaged by a third party doing work in the area. Southwest Gas crews arrived and stopped the flow of gas, as DFD stood by to assist and provide back-up in case the natural gas found an ignition source. Approximately 20 people were evacuated while the leak was stopped and repairs were made to the impacted gas line.
Anyone who smells natural gas or feels there is a leak should call 911. Anyone who wants to do any excavation or digging should call 811 or go to arizona811.com to get their area marked before they dig.